We have moved Unlimited Hair Company to Phenix Salon Suites. Book with Cathy Conrad at www.unlimtedhair.genbook.com 303-919-0083 Trish Kvidahl 303-921-1551
Operating as usual
I get this question all the time. Here are somethings to try.... 10 Easy Ways to Get Rid of Hair Static
1. Use dryer sheets. I learned this tip a few years ago and have been using it ever since. Dryer sheets can really help with hair static. I rub them on my brushes and combs and even run them along my hair to eliminate those pesky flyaways. I also keep my combs and brushes wrapped in dryer sheets in the wintertime to keep them static-free.
2. Try lotion. If you're out and about or in a hotel room like I was yesterday, hand lotion can help you get rid of the static in a pinch. Rub a dollop into your hands, then run your fingers through your hair. Obviously, a little bit will go a long way, so use your lotion sparingly!
3. Use Moroccanoil Frizz Control Spray. There are other sprays on the market that are cheaper, but I received this particular spray as a sample and it has worked wonders. It's totally worth the $20 price tag if you have a problem with frizz and/or static. It eliminated my staticky hair problem like magic, without leaving my hair feeling weighted-down.
4. Crank up the humidifier. I haven't tried this tip yet, but it makes sense to me. A humidifier will increase the moisture level in your room, thereby eliminating the static problem. Genius!
5. Hairspray is your friend. Spray a generous amount of hairspray onto your brush and brush your hair while it's still damp. It really helps get rid of the static. I highly recommend Elnett by L'Oreal. It's expensive, but amazing because it holds without giving your hair that sticky, hairsprayed quality.
6. Dry your hair with an ionic dryer. This kind of dryer not only HUGELY reduces the amount of time it takes to dry your hair (I know because I have one), but it also reportedly neutralizes the electric charge that creates static. These hair dryers aren't necessarily expensive, either -- I got mine for $20 at the drugstore.
7. Use combs made of rubber or metal. I need to follow my own advice here. Apparently, plastic combs are the worst contributors to static. Makes sense to me.
8. Use a silicone-based conditioner. The silicone will coat your hair strands and neutralize electric charge. So they say.
9. Brush your hair with a natural bristle brush. They're more expensive, but worth it. Not only do they help distribute natural oils evenly throughout your hair, making it shinier, they also reduce static. WIN.
10. Don't wear rubber-soled shoes. This sounds weird, but
apparently, rubber-soled shoes accumulate electrical charge and contribute to staticky hair AND to you getting shocked when you touch something.
[10/17/13] Good morning everyone! We are looking for booth renters for hair and nails if you know someone or someone that knows someone! lol PLEASE spread the word! Have them stop by 10263 E. Iliff Ave. or call Cathy or Trish 303-368-5566 we are offering a great deal. Thank You
|Monday||09:00 - 19:00|
|Tuesday||09:00 - 19:00|
|Wednesday||09:00 - 19:00|
|Thursday||09:00 - 19:00|
|Friday||09:00 - 19:00|
|Saturday||09:00 - 18:00|
|Sunday||10:00 - 17:00|
Sisterlocks, Brotherlocks, Traditional Locks, Styling, Color, No Faux Locs.
Welcome to Chopz Men's Salon page, here you can find the latest news about us and our services!
I have been in the industry over 27 years. I specialize in color and haircut. I also do Brazilian blowout & hair extensions . By appointment only..
Colorista profesional , Maquillista y estilista hace 19 años
I specialize in cut, color, extensions, and styling. I've done multiple weddings on location and have had my work published in different magazines.
My name is Jamie, and i am a affiliate with Madison Street Beauty.
Specialty in natural hair care, braiding, hair design, fantasy hair, fusions , weaving and wedding parties , pretty princess pamper parties, pamper parties
Chic, relaxing salon suite located off Evans and University. With free garage parking! Call for a free consultation!! 720-401-9295
GROOMING FOR THE GREATER GOOD