Swansea Rehabilitation & Health Care Center
On behalf of the residents and staff of Swansea Rehabilitation & Health Care Center, I would like to
📣 Special Announcement
Some pics from Skilled nursing home week! Thanks to everyone that made it successful!
Happy Mother’s Day!
Happy Nurse’s Week to all of our wonderful, hardworking nurses! Keep up the good work! We appreciate all that you do for our residents!
MS Walkathon today in Edwardsville at the SIUE campus. Registration starts at 830am, walk begins at 10am. Come out and support a good cause! We are walking on behalf of everyone we know with MS!
Happy St.Patrick’s Day! The residents had a great time! Special Thanks to Carolyn Terry for organizing this event for our residents. They appreciated all you did for them. Thanks to all the staff that helped Carolyn also!
Happy Valentine’s Day! 2023 King Eddie and Queen Carole! Congratulations to you both! Great job to Caroline Terry on putting this party together!
Happy New Year from all of us at Petersen Health Care. Have a blessed 2023.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!!!!!!
We celebrated the resident Christmas Party today at Swansea Rehabilitation and Health Care Center. Thank you Santa for stopping by and bringing the Holiday Cheer!!!
Congratulations to Mona Washington, the Winner of the Thanksgiving basket courtesy of Breeze Hospice at Swansea RHCC. Mona is a Nurses aide, we are thankful for all you do!
Thank you to Breeze Hospice for the basket giveaway! Congrats Mona!
Perform housekeeping & cleaning activities with in the guidelines of assigned areas
Follow assigned cleaning schedule outlined by housekeeping department
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
Pleasant, Tactful & Courteous
Ability to work with others
Plan & implement facility activities for the residents
Design programs to encourage socialization, provide entertainment and improve daily living skills
Excellent reading, writing, and organizational skills
Able to interact with residents, families, and the community professionally
Able to do one on one visits, care plan meetings, charting, assessments
Keep accurate records of activities, attendance, calendars, resident council minutes
Recruit, organize, coordinate volunteers
Complete state approved Basic Orientation Course, LTC experience preferred
Purchase supplies as needed
Design, implement, and execute activities for residents at a variety of skill levels
Current license in good standing in the state of Illinois as a Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse
The Care Plan Coordinator is responsible for the timely and accurate completion of the MDS, assessment protocols, comprehensive assessment and the development of each resident’s individual Plan of Care. He/she solicits information from an interdisciplinary team (including the resident and the resident’s family), develops the care plan, informs the staff and implements the completed Plan of Care. He/she monitors and records the progress (or lack of progress) of each resident. The CPC observes resident care on a daily basis to ensure the implementation of the Plan of Care.
With Craig Mentzer. Attending the Nursing Job Fair at Becks School of Nursing in Redbud, IL.
We are thrilled to hear about your positive experiences, and our staff are happy to read these reviews.
We put our residents and their families as our priority, and your reviews reaffirm the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for your kind words!
We celebrated Halloween with residents yesterday!
Our team works around the clock to meet the needs of our wonderful residents. We are truly grateful for the positive feedback from our residents, families, staff, and community.
****Sign On Bonus Available****
Join our growing team!
Apply at this link or call to schedule your interview 618.233.6625
****Sign-On Bonus Available****
Join our growing team! Apply at this link or call today to schedule your interview 618.233.6625
We are looking for a DYNAMIC leader for our Nursing Department.
*Active Illinois RN license
*Focus on Leadership & Education
*Develop & Implement Nursing Services & Programs
Apply at this link or call today to schedule your interview 618.233.6625
We are so appreciative of the kind words and always strive to make a difference in the lives of our loving residents.
Current IL Nursing License
Long-Term Care Experience
Knowledge of State & Federal Guidelines
Oversee nursing personnel
Develop and implement resident care services
Perform administrative duties such as, preparing reports, implementing a budget, scheduling and etc.
Ensuring staff is following proper nursing procedures, laws & work standards
Good written & oral communication skills
📣📣Attention CNAs - Call to schedule an interview 618.233.6625
Manages all aspects of the Food Service Department in the facility including but not limited to Food Service personnel, food production, supplies and equipment. Manages nutritional care of all tenants in facility.
1. Be of legal working age.
2. Be able to read and understand work assignments.
3. Be able to communicate with tenants and co-workers in English.
4. Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, tenants, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
5. Must possess a general knowledge and understanding of state and federal regulations as it pertains to long term care.
6. Work overtime if necessary.
7. Work to cover staff call-offs and decrease overtime in the department.
8. Must be a high school graduate or have earned a GED. Experience may be substituted for a high school degree.
9. Must have taken or be willing to take the Dietary Managers Course.
10. Must have passed the sanitation test or be willing to take the course approved by the state the facility is in.
11. Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) preferred.
1. Order all supplies necessary for the proper and efficient running of the department making sure to remain within budget.
2. Ensure that all tenants are served diets as ordered by physician.
3. Ensure that the menus are followed and appropriate substitutions are made and recorded.
4. Follow Consultant Dietitian/Regional Dietitian recommendations that are reviewed and approved by Administrator.
5. Take necessary measures to ensure that all food served to tenants has been prepared in a safe, sanitary manner while also maintaining the highest quality.
6. Make sure that all food and supplies are stored properly and steps are taken to avoid theft.
7. Check all equipment for proper functioning and safety.
8. Responsible for overall sanitation of the department.
9. Responsible for knowing Local, State and Federal regulations and policies and procedures which pertain to the department.
10. Manage department employees including hiring, training, in-servicing and discipline.
11. Prepare a work schedule that will enable all functions of the department to be carried out within the allotted hours. All overtime must be approved by the Administrator.
Food Service Manager (continued)
12. Visit tenants upon admission, and periodically thereafter, to determine food preferences and discuss their diets. Communicate this information accordingly to other departments.
13. Coordinate and gather the information required by the dietitian, i.e. tenant’s weight, skin report, facility admissions, tube feedings, annual assessments, dialysis, etc. When appropriate, provide information to dietitian prior to scheduled visit.
14. Maintain all dietary records regarding tenant likes and dislikes, tray cards, MDS, care plans, quarterly/annual charting.
15. Coordinate and follow up with the dietitian’s recommendations.
16. Develop policies and procedures for the department as needed.
17. Participate in interdisciplinary meetings and conferences as requested by the facility.
18. Attend in-service meetings.
19. Maintain a listing of those employees who have received the food handlers training.
20. Other duties as assigned by Administrator.
21. Shall reference the Petersen Health Care Dietary Operations Manual as amended from time to time
Current IL Nursing License
Fulfill the needs of the residents
Observing resident conditions
Promoting good health
Constantly demonstrating the nursing theory, job duties and responsibilities assigned
We are looking for a Nurse to join our team. Applicant must be an IL Registered Nurse. Please give us a call at 618-233-6625, Apply in person or via https://petersenhealthcarejobs.com/
CNA appreciation… Kendra Campbell. CNA since Jan 2015 at Swansea RHCC. Congratulations Kendra! Keep up the good work!
Prepare and serve food for diets as ordered by the physician.
Follow menus as ordered.
Notify supervisor of any changes in the menu.
Honor resident special requests within the prescribed diet order.
Ensure that all menus are followed and appropriate substitutions are made and recorded.
Take necessary measures to ensure that all food served to residents has been prepared in a safe, sanitary manner while also maintaining the highest quality.
Follow cleaning schedules as directed by Food Service Manager.
Cover, date and label all leftovers properly.
Notify Food Service Manager of food, supplies or equipment needs.
Report malfunctioning equipment and unsafe working conditions to the Food Service Manager immediately.
Check with Diet Aides and Dishwashers to ensure that they are completing their duties and help as needed.
Be knowledgeable of Local, State and Federal regulations and facility policies and procedures which pertain to the department.
Attend in-service meetings.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Shall reference the Petersen Health Care Dietary Operations Manual as amended from time to time
Swansea Rehabilitation & Health Care Center's cover photo